The Pentyrch and District Local History Society was founded in 1993 by a group of enthusiasts to: preserve, collate and make available information on the history of the Parish of Pentyrch; promote an awareness of the historical background of the villages in the parish; and encourage the contribution of others to help fill the gaps in our knowledge.
We hold regular meetings with guest speakers offering a wide range of subjects. We organise local 'Discovery and Information' walks and visits to historical sites. We arrange local exhibitions and seminars, and have published a book with photographs and text depicting the area in its industrial heyday. In addition, we publish an ongoing series of booklets describing local places and people as they were.
With a total membership of over 100 - including many overseas, we hold census records for the parish from 1841 to 1911 and parish records for St Catwg's Church back to 1695. We are happy to respond to requests for reasonable levels of family history research in these records.
The annual membership fee is £7.50, payable on 1 April each year.
Postal membership applications should be sent to: The Chairman, Elmdale, Mountain Road, Pentyrch, Cardiff, UK, CF15 9QP
email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.